Most buyers and sellers consider moving day a real hassle. Here are some things you can do to make it more manageable:
* Cut back on your possessions as you pack. Make separate areas for items to be discarded, sold, or donated to charity.
* Label all boxes and color-code them by room, whether you pack yourself or have help. Otherwise, you'll never remember what's in each box.
* Have the outside door locks on your new home changed and the garage door opener reprogrammed.
* Get referrals from your doctors, dentists, and veterinarians for new providers near your new home. Take your files with you instead of waiting for them to be sent.
* Pack a "first night" box that contains everything you'll need for the first night in your new home. Include bedding, cookware, utensils, toiletries, and anything else you can't do without before you are unpacked.
If you'd like additional tips or suggestions, please don't hesitate to call or email me. Remember, I work all of North Dallas County and Collin County including Richardson, Plano, Allen, Frisco, Carrollton, Garland, Rowlett, McKinney, etc... my car will take us anywhere you need to go!!