Buying a House in Austin TX can be simple, if you break down the process. There are several steps, but knowing what those steps are, and in what order to do the steps, can make buying a house less intimidating.
A couple of months ago, I wrote a seven part series on the main steps of buying a house, but I wanted to put those steps all in one place for easy reference for anyone buying a house in Austin TX to find and follow. Below are the links to those steps with a brief description of each.
- Getting pre-APPROVED verse getting pre-qualified for a home. Ask for a Good Faith Estimate and compare apples to apples between lenders.
- Looking for houses. Drive the different neighborhoods multiple times for narrowing down where you want to concentrate your search. Make the drive to and from your office in rush hour traffic as well.
- Looking at houses. Know upfront how much you're willing to spend to make a house your home, so you can look past cosmetic issues while you concentrate on structural and functional issues.
- Writing an Offer. Make sure your REALTOR® pulls up as much history about the property and the comparables in the neighborhood to give you enough information for an educated and well thought out offer to the sellers.
- Inspections are important, but you're buying a house "as is". Inspections are for the buyers' knowledge of the house; they are not so the buyer can give a laundry list to the seller for items to fix.
- The Waiting Game is hard. At this point, you've turned in all your paperwork to the lender and you're just waiting for the closing date to arrive... do NOT make any changes to your work history or to your credit!!
- Practice writing out your name. It sounds silly, but if you have an illegible signature, you need to learn to write your full name out, probably including your middle initial if the lender used it.
By following the steps above, buying a house in Austin TX should be a breeze for you... though I'm not guaranteeing that it'll be stress-free. There are lots of emotions throughout each step above, and as long as you're prepared with what comes next, the emotions won't get the better of you.
If you have any questions or concerns about Austin TX Real Estate, please call or email me today!
**Are You Packed Yet?**
Austin TX Real Estate
and the surrounding areas of Lakeway, Bee Cave, West Lake Hills, Cedar
Park, Round Rock, Spicewood, Circle-C, Steiner Ranch, and everywhere in
between... Hill Country Austin TX Real Estate and beyond. Whether you're buying or selling an Austin home, I'll be with you every step of the way.
** #1 Agent in my Office for all of 2008 **
Copyright© 2009 By Donna Harris, All Rights Reserved. You may re-blog with links back to this post.
* Real Estate - Buying a House - Austin TX - The Simple Steps to Follow * was first published on donnahomesblog.com