Buyers are compromising on their homes? Why can't I ever get a buyer like that? I seem to always get the buyers who are looking for this and that and that over there, and they're never happy because they can't find everything they want in one house so they keep looking and looking, sometimes for months, sometimes for years. Yes, I'm working with a handful of buyers who have been looking for a house for over two years. Can you count how much money they're throwing away by continuing to rent all these months?
2006 Profile of Texas Homebuyers and Sellers found that though 40% of Texas buyers said that they found the exact home they were looking for, there were 6 common compromises that the remaining 60% of buyers make when purchasing their homes. This list includes:
1. 17%- Size of home
2. 17%- Purchase Price
3. 14%- Condition
4. 14%- Lot size
5. 14%- Distance from work
6. 12%- Style of home (this must be from all those CA relos who don't like brick homes)
In my experience, with my clients, I would say distance from work would be rated higher because most won't compromise on price range which means they must go out further into the 'burbs to get what they want which takes them further from their jobs...
Do you see your buyers compromising on things, or are they waiting and waiting for the perfect house?