And the saga continues... it's pretty obvious we're not closing in January, which was our original close date. We're also not going to close early February which was our second date. We're now looking at end of March, possibly April.
My husband was in Austin last week looking at the house. He was so enraged about the "white" mortar that we paid to upgrade, that I went down last Friday to see for myself so we could figure out what to do. This is what they call "white" in Austin.
Does that look like white to you?
Below, is "white" in Dallas from the exact same builder. What's interesting is one of the new higher ups in the company just relocated from Dallas to Austin and they asked him what Dallas used for "white" mortar, and the guy, silly him, said they use WHITE sand to make WHITE mortar. Boy, did the Austin people look "silly" to find out you don't use brown sand to make WHITE mortar!
So, they can't take down the entire house, as that's not in the schedule. We're going to wait it out and see what the final color is once it completely dries as the builder thinks it's so dark because we've had such cold weather. It was in the 70's yesterday and 80's today, so it should dry out some and show a more accurate color. From what we're hearing, people in Austin don't "upgrade" to white mortar very often as most people are ok with the standard, boring grey mortar.
Also, they are going to take down the entire front porch area and redo it. It looks horrible, and I recommend a urine sample from those brick people. I don't have a good picture of that to show you, but trust me, it looks bad.
Even though our move has been postponed another few weeks, I've already started to put my marketing in place to drum up business. I've gotten some hits on my site, and I'll probably have to refer people out if they decide they're ready to buy or sell before I get moved down there. YEAH!